Water Leak Detection in Norfolk, VA
Providing Fast & Reliable Leak Repair
When you recognize the signs of a water leak in your home, but can’t pinpoint the location, it’s time to call in the experts at Performance Plumbing, Inc. For residents in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Hampton, and the surrounding area, we have the experience and the leak detection expertise to find that water leak and repair it before it causes too much damage.
How Do I Find Out Where My Water Leak Is Coming From?
Detecting a water leak early is critical to saving money and preventing serious damage to your home. Below are signs that you may be dealing with a leak and need to contact a plumber for repairs.
- Inspect your water meter - See if your meter changes even after turning off all the water in your home. Immediate changes would point to a fast-moving leak while changes hours later would signal a slow-moving leak.
- Check your usage - Compare the water usage in your monthly bill to how many gallons your home should realistically be using.
- Evaluate your bill - Has your water bill increased but usage hasn't? Look at bills from the last several months and compare to see if there's a gradual increase.
- Use food coloring - Drop food coloring in your toilet tank, wait 10 minutes, and then check if the color appears in the bowl. If so, water is leaking from the tank to your drain without ever flushing.
- Check outside spigots - Connect a garden hose to a spigot and check if water seeps through the connection while running. If so, replace the rubber gasket and make sure all connections are tight.
- Be proactive - Regularly check under basins and the backs of cabinets for signs of mold or bad odors. If your home is older, be especially conscious of inspecting the connections of your water heater, washing machine hoses, pumps, and valves for oxidation or discoloration.
Risks of an Undetected Water Leak
When an undetected water leak is present in your home, the consequences can be quite costly depending on how long it is allowed to go on. Not only will you suffer significant water damage in the area of the leak, but you’ll also face a costly cleanup and possibly renovations if there was enough damage. You will also run the risk of dangerous mold growth and your water bills could climb to a ridiculous level.
Signs You May Have a Leak in Your Home
Some of the signs that may indicate you need professional water leak detection in Norfolk include:
- Puddles inside your home or in the basement
- Water stains on walls or ceilings
- Damp carpets
- Patches of mold
- Elevated water bills
- Damp spots on the ground outside the house
If you notice any of these signs, call for professional plumbing leak detection in Norfolk as soon as possible. You have no way of knowing how long the leak has been going on because the first time you saw it probably wasn’t the day it began. Quick action and a professional solution are paramount.
Let’s Work Together
Customers come to us for help solving their water leak issues, but they stay because of our stellar customer service.
Here are a few perks and benefits of working with our Norfolk plumbers:
- 90-day minimum guarantee – For at least 90 days, every service you receive from us is guaranteed.
- Family-owned since 2001 – We have been a family business operating in your community for over 15 years.
- Available 24 hours a day – Plumbing issues never rest, and we don’t either; we offer service whenever you need it, 24/7.