Water Heater Repair in Norfolk VA
Professional, Affordable Water Heater Installation & Service
If you have ever experienced a broken or damaged water heater in your home, you know just how frustrating it can be. When you expect a comforting stream of warm water and it turns out to be ice cold, it is more than a little unsettling.
Locations We Service
At Performance Plumbing, Inc., we offer the residents of Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Hampton, and surrounding areas exceptional water heater repair and installation services, so you will always have hot water when you need it.
Why Choose Performance Plumbing?
- Family-owned since 2001: We share a strong sense of community with our customers because we have been active in the area for over 15 years.
- 90-day minimum guarantee: We will always stand behind the work we do, with an iron-clad 90-day service guarantee.
- 24-hour service: We are available to serve you and solve your plumbing issues all day, every day.
If you’re having hot water problems in your home, pick up the phone and call (757) 300-0212 today to schedule an appointment for water heater repair in Norfolk or nearby.
Signs of Water Heater Trouble You Shouldn’t Ignore
When your water heater shuts down on you, it usually doesn’t happen all at once. Typically, you’ll notice some telltale signs of trouble before it stops heating your water altogether.
4 Signs You May Need our Norfolk Water Heater Repair Services:
- A little noise from your water heater is normal. But if you notice loud banging or popping, it's most likely time to call for service. Mineral deposits can often build up in the water heater and cause it to overheat as it works to keep your water hot.
Leaking Around the Base of the Tank
- Most homeowners don't inspect their hot water heater for leaks until their hot water is already gone. Make it a routine to check your hot water heater monthly for any potential leaks.
- If you notice rust around or inside you water heater, then you know what the problem is. If the rust is in the water, that's an even bigger problem and may be caused by the pipes and not the water heater.
Fluctuating Water Temperature
- If your water temperature is all over the place , may be an early indicator that mineral deposits have built up around the heating elements of your water heater and you may need them repaired or replaced.
If you notice these signs, turn to our Norfolk water heater repair experts for reliable repairs or a new hot water heater installation. We service both conventional tank-style and tankless water heaters.
Is it Time for Water Heater Replacement?
When you call a professional Norfolk water heater service company like Performance Plumbing, Inc., we will give you an honest opinion about whether a repair or replacement is the best way to go. If the issues are relatively minor, water heater repair will probably do.
If your unit is older and needs regular repairs, then a full water heater replacement likely makes more sense. Although a new water heater installation will cost more upfront, you will save in the long run.
Should I Repair or Replace My Water Heater?
It can be tricky determining whether it’s time to repair or replace your water heater. On the one hand, you don’t want to invest in a new water heater prematurely, but on the other hand you don’t want to throw money into repairs for a dying system.
A general rule of thumb is that if repairs cost 50% of what it would cost to replace the old unit, it’s better to replace it especially if the water heater is older than 8 to 12 years. Of course, constant wear and tear of the water heater can lead to increased water heating bills.
If you’re unsure of whether to replace or repair, contact the skilled Norfolk plumbers at Performance Plumbing. We can take a look at your current water heater and give your our expert opinion.
How Long Does a Water Heater Last?
The average traditional tank style water heater should last for about 8 to 12 years depending on style and treatment. Regular maintenance, such as flushing and checks, can prolong the lifespan of your water heater.
If you’re looking to update your old water heater, you should consider switching to a tankless water heater since those tend to last up to 20 years.
What Would Cause A Water Heater to Stop Working?
Water heaters can stop working for a variety of reasons, from electrical issues, leaks, and debris buildup to old age, faulty parts, and more. Check out some of the most common reasons below.
- Blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker
- Malfunctioning power cord
- Broken thermostat
- Pilot light is out
- Dirty or clogged flame sensor
- Leaking temperature pressure relief (TPR) valve
- Loss of water pressure
- Sentiment buildup
- Loose parts
- Water heater is over ten years old
Has your water heater suddenly stopped working? Rely on our Norfolk plumbers for fast and convenient service. Contact us today!
4 Reasons Why Your Water Heater is Leaking
Like most other plumbing units, leaking water heaters have the potential to cause a lot of water damage and can be a pain to deal with. To help prevent this, it’s important to understand why your water heaters leak.
Common causes of water heater leaks include:
- Old Tank: The average water heater tank lasts for about 8 to 12 years. As the years go on, your tank is subject to a lot of wear and tear, which can lead to leaks.
- Too Much Pressure: If the temperature of a water heater is set too high, it can build up too much pressure, causing water to leak out to reduce that pressure.
- Drain Valve: If your drain valve is loose, it can cause water to leak out. If you have a loose drain valve, all you have to do is take a wrench and tighten it up (though not too tight!).
- Condensation: Sometimes homeowners might think they have a leak because they find water outside of their water heater, but it’s really just condensation.
If your water heater is leaking, it’s important to call the professionals to take a look. It can be dangerous to try to handle on your own, which is why Performance Plumbing is here for you. We provide reliable water heater repairs in Norfolk so that you can go about your day.
Don’t let your water heater troubles affect the entire family. Call us or use our online form to request fast and affordable water heater repair and installation in the Norfolk area.